anthonyBarnum PR is looking for an entry level PR professional with 6 months to 1.5 years of experience to join its growing team in Austin. The AAE will service multiple accounts, effectively supporting core public relations tasks with a keen understanding of the clients’ business and industry. This position also calls for a talented proofreader and editor who can help team members advance written deliverables. The applicant should have some PR agency or related experience.
Applicants must include a cover letter to be considered for the position.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role of AAE has a variety of responsibilities integral to maintaining key client and media relationships:
- Writing polished, well organized and grammatically correct documents that require minimal revision.
- Editing the work of others, critiquing and/or altering copy as needed to produce effective finished pieces.
- Coordinating media lists.
- Working in-line with more senior team members’ program objectives.
- Undertaking a variety of research on behalf of campaigns.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Arts or similar, majoring in English, journalism or other writing intensive subjects.
- Candidates who studied public relations or marketing should only apply if they possess excellent writing skills.
- Previous experience within an agency or in-house environment where writing played a significant part in the role.
- 6 months to 1.5 years of PR-relevant professional experience.