anthonyBarnum PR is looking for an intern to join our team in Austin. The intern will work closely with the account teams and is responsible for assisting and monitoring projects within specific campaigns under the direction of a supervisor.
Applicants must include a cover letter to be considered for the position.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role of an intern at anthonyBarnum has a variety of responsibilities necessary to maintaining a smooth working environment for all team members. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting and editing media pitches, press releases and other collateral.
- Coordinating media lists.
- Working in-line with more senior team members’ account objectives.
- Undertaking a variety of research on behalf of campaigns.
Qualifications and Skills
- Class of 2019 or 2020 Graduates
- Candidate is currently obtaining a bachelor’s degree (or a recent graduate), majoring in English, journalism or other writing intensive subjects.
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to quickly adapt to new assignments, deadlines and conditions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a variety of team members across multiple accounts.
- Love of social media.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work 3 to 4 days a week in the anthonyBarnum office.
- Candidates with past PR internships or multiple relevant industry classes will be given priority.