anthonyBarnum PR is looking for an entry level PR professional with 6 months to 1.5 years of experience to join anthonyBarnum’s growing team in Austin, Texas. The AAE will service multiple accounts, effectively supporting core public relations tasks with a keen understanding of the clients’ business and industry. This position also calls for a talented proofreader and editor who can help team members advance written deliverables.The applicant should have some PR agency or related experience.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
The role of AAE has a variety of responsibilities integral to maintaining key client and media relationships.
Copywriting, editing and proofreading:
- Write polished, well organized and grammatically correct documents that require minimal revision.
- Edit the work of others, critiquing and/or altering copy as needed to produce effective finished pieces.
- Coordinating media lists
- Working in-line with more senior team members’ program objectives
- Undertaking a variety of research on behalf of campaigns
- Bachelor of Arts or similar, majoring in English, journalism or other writing intensive subjects.
- Candidates who studied public relations or marketing should only apply if they possess excellent writing skills.
- Previous experience within an agency or in house environment where writing played a significant part of your role.
- 6 months to 1.5 years of PR-relevant professional experience.