Description: MyScript is a leading provider of handwriting recognition technology used in some of the world’s most popular laptops, mobile devices and automobiles. Most recently, MyScript created Interactive Ink, a new form of handwriting recognition and digital ink management technology driven by artificial intelligence and neural network architecture. Interactive Ink was built into an application called Nebo, which, for the first time, was designed for consumers, as well as OEMs and software developers.
Objective: MyScript’s dramatic message was this: For the first time, Interactive Ink and Nebo offer handwriting technology that makes writing with a stylus on a tablet just as fully-featured, straightforward to use, easy-to-edit and as simple to digitize as writing with a word processor or keyboard.
The company sought a wide-reaching public relations campaign:
- Build awareness of the company
- Raise its profile among OEMs and developers
- Place stories and reviews in the business and technical press
- Build avenues of engagement with customers and partners via social media
- Establish MyScript executives as subject-matter experts in handwriting recognition
- Drive software downloads in both the Apple and Android online stores
MyScript wanted to do all of this while simultaneously leveraging a PR strategy that also connected with the consumer tech press.
Key facets of the campaign:
- Product positioning and messaging
- Competitive landscape review and SWOT analysis
- Thought leadership based on product data
- Thought leadership based on trends in digital ink software design
- Social media on multiple platforms: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and corporate blog
- Analyst briefings
- Public relations of the new product to multiple audiences
- Collateral development, including infographics, videos and GIFs to leverage for PR outreach and social media
Results: anthonyBarnum’s media push on behalf of MyScript was a success in every way. MyScript Nebo was covered in 234 publications internationally, including 92 top tier publications. The business press, including New York Post, Bloomberg, Forbes and Inc. all praised the company’s innovation. The technology press, including CNET, Network World, Macworld and many others, praised the company’s new features and heralded them as breakthroughs: PCWorld wrote, ‘MyScript Nebo is What [Microsoft’s] Windows Ink Should Be.’ The crucial developer and OEM publications loved it.
One of the most dramatic and exciting developments was the campaign’s direct effect on product popularity. In the first 90 days following the product launch in August 2016, MyScript Nebo was downloaded by thousands interested users and developers worldwide
Hands on: MyScript Nebo is what Windows Ink should be
From editable text to equations, Nebo offers it all. And for a short time, it’s free.
New stylus app ‘writes’ new story for iPad Pro
Steve Jobs was famously opposed to the stylus — but he might have changed his mind after seeing the latest in “digital ink” technology.
MyScript Launches Nebo Notetaking App
MyScript, SA provides handwriting recognition and digital ink management technology solutions.
MyScript will soon make your devices more handwriting-friendly
The company’s new Interactive Ink addition to its popular embedded handwriting recognition engine provides some really useful-looking tools to streamline digital notetaking.
MyScript: “anthonyBarnum has collaborated with me to quickly and knowledgeably design a public relations program that effectively promotes awareness on the dramatic benefits of both Interactive Ink technology and the Nebo application. The groundswell of media interest we’ve enjoyed so far is in large part a product of both the innovative technology and the agency’s intent focus on the media.”
Vice President of Marketing, MyScript